Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trying not to be a whiner.....

So today was a CRAPPY day. I didn't want the second post on my blog to be a whiny blog but I can't think of anything else to write and I'm in a crappy mood so just deal.
So today, I woke up with something large and red growing over my left eye. I have no idea what it is, all I know is it hurts.
ALOT
Did I mention that it's large and red and it's getting bigger. I think I will name him Pedro.
The next crappy thing that really ruined my day requires a bit of an explanation. I'll try and keep it simple.
I'm in college
I want to be a nurse
To get into nursing school you need certain classes (pre-reqs)
I have 3 pre-reqs left (YEA! light at the end of the tunnel)
Due to the economy and lack of teachers they only offered 4... four... as in not 5 but FOUR! Anatomy and Physiology (AP)classes this semester.
I need Anatomy and Physiology
900 other people also need Anatomy and Physiology (did I mention they only offered 4 classes this semester?)
Come registration day all the classes and waitlists for said classes were closed, as in full, as in you no get in.
There was a chance that I could sit-in a class and hope people dropped (these classes have a 30-45% drop rate, they are tough).
So I sat, in a 5 hour class, 2 days a week for the last four weeks and guess what? Only 2 people dropped, there were 4 of us who wanted to add.
There was a lottery drawing, I didn't get in.
Not getting into this class has skewed my school schedule and application process for nursing school. I was planning to apply fall 2010 for nursing school, now I will be taking AP 430 in the spring, AP431 in the fall and have to wait for Fall 2011 to apply to nursing school.
A whole year.
A wasted year.
Do you know how much a nurse makes in a year. That is all money that I will not make because someone didn't pick my name out of a hat.
I can't begin to tell you how disappointed and frustrated this all makes me. At the rate I'm going I'll be 35 before I finish school.
I feel old and depressed.
Tomorrow is another day I guess.
Tonight I'm throwing a pity party.

1 comment:

  1. What a frustrating thing.. I don't blame you for throwing your own pity party!

    ReplyDelete